Thursday, April 19, 2012

BG + Tiers + Armor Sets and All

Hey guys.

So I'm a bit confused and curious about when hitting 70. I currently have a 63 hunter, so I'm getting there. What I'm not sure about is what to do when I hit 70. I spoke to my cousin, he said there are two routes - PvP and PvE. So then he started talking about the PvE side and that I should pick a tier I think is good. Problem is I don't know what's good and what isn't. It seems to me like you need to start from the very bottom to get a decent PvE set?

And then he started talking about PvP. So I've been to battlegrounds a lot, and I know what it's pretty much like. So I asked him how you would go about obtaining your PvP sets. And he told me that you need a certain amount of honor points as well as marks. So I somewhat understood that, and asked what pvp set I should aim for. I like the way S1 looks like, but he says that it can be easily beaten nowadays.

So I'm left with a few questions:

- How much do you really need to play for a decent PvP set, and which is best to aim for?

- Are PvE sets ultimately better than PvP sets, or can I go about with just a PvP set and still be half decent?

- What happens when a new set comes out?

- What sets are the ones to stay away from?

Sorry for all the questions and the long read, but I think this thread will help me, and ultimately a lot of people in my situation. I've been reading up on this stuff, but still am unsure.

Thanks for all your responses in advance.|||Quote:










1.)- How much do you really need to play for a decent PvP set, and which is best to aim for?

2.)- Are PvE sets ultimately better than PvP sets, or can I go about with just a PvP set and still be half decent?

3.)- What happens when a new set comes out?

4.)- What sets are the ones to stay away from?





1.) Play 10 Arena Games per week.

2.) PvE sets fail in PvP. but the Arena PvP sets fit well in Raiding as you start to get better Raid gear.

3.) people move on to the new sets.

4.) The old BG Honor set, which are now sold at rep vendors.|||Quote:








4.) The old BG Honor set, which are now sold at rep vendors.




That's actually a decent starter set of PvP gear at 70.|||Would it be smart to just save for S2, since it will be obtainable through honor when S4 is released?

Also, when is S4 roughly coming out? I heard something like a few weeks into June.|||Quote:








Would it be smart to just save for S2, since it will be obtainable through honor when S4 is released?

Also, when is S4 roughly coming out? I heard something like a few weeks into June.




if season 4 is within a couple of weeks, then i'd save up for s2 gear.|||Well , the rep gear (the old BG set) sells for GOLD ..... not hard earned honor ...so yes the rep set is a great starter , save honor for the "non set" pvp gear and the triknets|||Quote:








Would it be smart to just save for S2, since it will be obtainable through honor when S4 is released?




i wouldn't wait.. noone knows when s2 comes to honor. plus honor is super easy to get now just start picking up s1 and once s2 hits upgrade to that|||Thank you everyone for your responses.

Could anybody supply me with links or information as to how many honor points are needed for each set, or each piece, so that I can get a rough estimate?

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment