Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hunter Teammates

Hey guys I'm a level 69 BM hunter, about to hit 70. I'm gonna go straight to PvP, and was wondering what you thought would be the best companion for the arena? It would be nice if you mention both a 2v2 and 3v3 team. Thanks very much in advance.|||Wow, just posted the winning teams for this part of the arena. The top team has a hunter on their team, you might want to look at their team and see what you like. But as for actually setting up the 2v2 and 3v3, thats not my forte, I'll let someone else give you those ideas. Hope I helped a bit, GL|||Why the wow part? :P

Anyways, I don't know where to check about teams or anything, I'm pretty new to this.|||The white wolves in Ashenvale have a real nice roar that gives a buff to all teammates. That's not a bad one (though the wolves are only level 25). Keep in mind that that's just my personal experience, and I'm still pretty much a nub. For pet info, go to http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/ - It's a very complete guide of pets.|||first off, you have confuzzled people by using the word companion, which I'd use to refer to a pet. If thats what you mean, it depends on what partner you have to some extent. It might not be best to go with a scorpid, which is generally considered the best for MM as it can cover the stings against dispels. You might want to go with somthing higher damage, as the extra amount that the defensive pets have is normally insignifigant against focused player damage. also, consider putting on some shadow/frost resist points, as these two types of damage will frequently appear in CC/players trying to kill your pet.

As for players, I've always felt that BM is most effective with another damage/cc char. This could be a lock or a mage ideally, which would give you the cc you need to deal with DPS/Healer combos. Rogue would work as well, but you would have trouble with combos such as pally/war, which have heavy armor and require some effort to take down with limited spell damage and little in terms of longterm CC.

For a 3v3, I'd consider somthing similar, perhaps with a priest or druid added in for heals and mana burns or cc respectively. You could also consider combining multiple BM hunters, as many teams will have trouble dealing with the initial burst. This of course would be a offensive leaning build, so adjust the third accordingly.|||If you go 2v2, find a discipline/holy priest, and mana drain as your tactic. It's a deadly combination.

BM is an alright spec for 2v2, though if you want to go 3v3 or 5v5 you could consider Marks/Surv for more group and cc utility.|||Lol, sorry i meant World of Warcraft; didn't mean to confuse. You can find the links to the teams on the world of warcraft website. I think its the homepage. From there it will take you to their armories and you can check it out.|||Thanks a bunch!|||I have no idea how effective this is going to be, but I am, or just went, survival heavy today to finish leveling up to 70. Get my pvp tactics worked out before arenas and plan on working with an Arms warrior for 2v2's.

The plan is I CC them, he takes them down. Will it work? I dunno but it is going to be fun to try and figure out.|||get a scorpion, get a resto druid, spec MM. its really good for 2v2

No comments:

Post a Comment