Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oh **** moments !

Thought i would share this funny (or sad) arena match we had yesterday ....

We are doing our guildruns in 5v5 each week , using vent and we are struggling in the mid range (not too seroius but its fun to win ....) , that is the backround

Well , we had our share of losses from uber geard teams and with regular setups (most common seems to be 2 healer/hybrids and 3 dps) and our share of wins....

Then we enterd Nag arena , strats was ready and we was tagged , rogue sneaks out to take a peak what we encounter and lets out a "Holy ****" in the mic , next happens is that 4 BIG tauren warriors charges (me ofc as a squisher mage i am) i was insta killed (4 MS hurts i might add) , the match ended in less than a minute with the rogue hiding and laughing like mad in the mic

Heard from our pally healer that he only saw 4 taurens mounted and rushing in line and charged..... they had a Shammy (in wolf form in the beginning) popping a WF totem , i guess he was the healer , but not much healing was needed :lol: ..... must look in the armory to see if i find em again... diddnt remember their team name

One of the first times i actually felt "scared"" or the hair on my arms stood straight up .....|||That's why cavalry charges were so successful in the old days - fear did as much damage as the mounted troops and horses :)|||that was about how it felt .... all i missed was howling and roaring (but Taurens migt just "mooh" )

damn good strategey they had anyways , but next time we are better prepared|||How would you defend against that? Lol :P|||we actually discussed that last nigtht , and we figured that if we meet them again we will loose again

I cant even think about another 5man setup to counter that , 4 MS warrs pick one poor kill in the beginning then they are 5 vs 4 (just takes seconds) ..... maybe , just maybe a setup with 3 frost mages and 2 pallys can counter that with iceblock and bubble (to buy some time) and 3 frost kiters MIGHT just do the work , but from my guess each warr has 15k+ hp and resilece to make up for it...so it will take forever to even pick one off (and try to maintin 3 sheeps) ..... *brrrr*

And from the experince from that match they dont even care about who their initial target is ... mount up and take the first they see , the word Blitzkreig comes to my mind|||Little "oh ****" moment this weekend - my pally hit 40 so no more BGs for him for a while so I logged my 28 grey armored Hunter in. Sprinting down to grab the mine at the start (in Arathis Basin or whatever it's called) and I see a Shaman has got their first and is standing there with 4 totems around him. I'm less than a month old in this game and don't even know what the totems do yet, so I stuck on the breaks, did a little pause, and then just ran the other way :D

Not really "Oh ****" more "Oh **** this" :p|||Blood elves in BGs. A quick glance can make you think they're alliance. Charging in to seek sactuary from from the pack chasing you, looking around and seeing that you've just made matters worse.. :)|||Pink haired gnomes have caused me to die in BGs a lot - you are about to kill someone and you just can't resist turning and attacking the smarmy little swines :D|||Very funny story.

If you are running with a 4 DPS team in Arena, that is - bar none - the best move: charge them before they can formulate a strategy. The battle has to end quickly.

In my 2v2 team, I'm with an MS Warrior - and when that Arena comes up, I tell him to ride right up the middle and charge the first person he sees while I ride around on my mount until I see 2 enemies. Several times, my buddy kills the other guy before the Rogue/Druid even gets to pounce me. ;)|||I was in stv with my Paladin helping a friend with a quest (don’t ask me why I brought my Paladin instead of my Rogue).

Now this is a holy paladin, with holy gear, with only my support abilities keybound.

We get attacked by a 70 hunter (full gladiators gear), and for the fun of it, I attack him a bit. The match lasted a few minutes before I was down to 0% and he was down to 96%. I thought it was pretty good (OK, it was pathetic, but I worked with what I had), when I heard:

[General]: Our noob 70 Paladin could only bring a Hunter down to 96%.

[General]: Yeah, I saw that :D

[General]: LOL.

Etc.

I was so embarrassed that I just ressed my friend and left… coming back a while later with my Rogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment