Saturday, April 21, 2012

Is Ret still useless?

I love the idea of a warrior that can heal himself. I�ve always wanted Ret to work and now Blizzard has supposedly improved Ret.

I was forced to play Holy until now, and have found that Holy can kill almost anything. If I go Ret I�m starting to feel that I won�t be able to do that. My friends say that Holy is still WAY more useful and successful in PVP and PVE than Ret will ever be.

Is Ret still useless? If not, do I want to go all STR and AGI instead of any INT?

Thanks

Mequias|||Ret is not useless, however it is still not the best melee DPS class. The major issue that Ret pallys seem to have is a spall mana pool. In arena most skilled players will do whatever they can to drain your mana thus removing you from the battle more or less.

I would say that in a BG holy is for sure more useful then ret, but in alot of cases healers are always more useful than dps. I would check the Pally forum for better advice and insight from them.|||Ret is confirmed to be 1 of the worst Spec in Arena. so take that the way that fit best|||Go ret, more noobs to get my rating up|||In arena, outside of the 3v3 Arms Warrior/Ret Paladin/Resto Shaman Combo, they are generally not considered the largest threat. That combo however is deadly.

In BG's, Ret can easily do as well as any DPS class, I've topped damage and am generally in the top 10 overall if I stay on offense (IE, not guarding towers while capping).

In 5 mans, Ret can do very well, but are lacking in the CC department.

In 10 man raids, Ret can do ok, when geared properly and put in a melee group with a Shaman, but it's hard to do this in 10 mans.

In 25 man raids, Ret is fine, again as long as they are put in a melee group with a Shaman. WF ups our damage more than any other class/spec with the sole exception of Arms Warrior.|||To be honest I enjoy being Ret spec'd as long I have another player with me.

Simply because my 2-handed mace seems to take an AGE to swing after the

previous swing. (Gladiator's Mace. Can't remember the name, sorry!)

So this kinda forced me into a defensive role. Protecting graveyards and such.

But this solves the first (attack speed) problem because I'm never on my own.

You'll go out of Mana fairly quickly when there's more than one opponent so

try to get some Manna Biscuits from friendly Mages before the BG starts.

(Crusader Strike + Seal of choice + Consecration + stuns = ~30% remaining

mana for the not-so-great geared like myself.)|||Consecrations damage is laughable at best for a retadin - unless you need to kill snakes or unhide that pesky rogue, no real use for it.|||Ret certainly has the ability for some HUGE burst damage but in the wrong situation and with the wrong partner it's hard to take advantage of it.

You also have to remember their other valuable abilities: BoP, BoF, Judged seal of Justice - not every one knows this but Judging Seal of Justice on a druid is one of the few things that shape shifting doesn't remove.|||lol in 3v3 a mage/hunter/priest owns the warrior/retpally/restodruid. we can mana drain and kite with ease. anything with a warlock causes a slight problem that can be solved y killing the felpuppy|||Not saying its an unbeatable combo, it's jsut the best option. I believe pretty much every Ret with a 2k+ rating is in that combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment