Saturday, April 21, 2012

lvl 39 twink rogue

I played my mage for ages now, lvl 70 doing some arena/bg work atm so i thought i'd pick up my rogue. But i don't have time to get him lvl 70 so i thought maybe i could make a twink of it, and since he is lvl 36 a lvl 39 twink suits pretty good.

Allthough i need tons of help with this project. I don't even know if lvl 39 twinks is any idea, i thought about the fact that the new enchants are lvl 35 req so it could be fun to try out a lvl 39 twink.

Anyhow, any rogue players who could help me out with this. I need tips for talentspeccs aswell as items and maybe some enchantment tips aswell.

Is it any point in twinking a rogue at 39? no idea if they are suited for it. Please help me! :)

Thanks alot!|||rogues decimate 19 and 29. once u get to 39+ other classes get 'anti rogue' abilites.

they are still a good choice imo

my 48 rogue tends to get /laughed at by warlocks/shadowpriests/hunters/mages =( even if i burn cooldowns 1v1 they can still get me it seems.|||Rogues are great for BGs 19-29, ok at 39, really not that good 49-59 imo, then back in action at 70s with all the expansion goodies.

Just my $.02

~Semi|||At the level 39 range, rogues cannot match the damage output of a good hunter or warlock. However, they are probably the most imporatant class in the bracket--and I'm saying this as a level 39 Hunter twink. Rogues bother hunters/locks/mages...which are among the strongest classes in the bracket, damage-wise. Plus it's prior to when hunters/shamans/warriors get armor upgrades.

If you do want to lead the battleground, I suggest pairing up w/ another rogue. Many classes at level 39 can take out a single rogue...however, having 2, each of which can stun, makes it impossible.

That said...i personally think a subtlety rogue is much stronger in the bracket. Spec up to 21, then put the rest in imp. gouge, +% crit, or the avoidance of melee and spells talents.|||Quote:








rogues decimate 19 and 29. once u get to 39+ other classes get 'anti rogue' abilites.

they are still a good choice imo

my 48 rogue tends to get /laughed at by warlocks/shadowpriests/hunters/mages =( even if i burn cooldowns 1v1 they can still get me it seems.




wait til you get cloak of shadows at 66!|||After reading all replies, i've decided to go for it! I realize a rogue aint the best class for lvl 39 twink but hey, i don't have time to lvl this rogue to 70 why would i then have time to lvl another char to 39? ;)

I can see you've given me some good tips but i still miss them' items! I'm lvl 37 atm, what and how should i get the items required to really have some kickass fun in bg? I do have my mage who could supply him with enchants/gold if that's necessary. I've never really twinked before so i need all help i can get, should i get most items from ah or from dungeons? And if dungeons, what and where? SM don't have that much leather/rogue loot afaik. And if AH, what ones?

I'm not totally stupid ofc i could just do all the work myself, but since there are people who already know i'd appreciate if they could share their knowledge and release me from some work!

Concerning speccs and playstyle, this char is basically grinded to lvl 37 using 2xswords + combatspecc. I don't really know anything about pvping with rogues, i guess backstabbing using daggers are what most does, right? As you can see, i could really use some help here aswell! I've played mage all my wowlife so I'm really not into all this melee stuff yet. But please help me get into it!

Grateful for any kind of help, thanks!|||Here's a rundown of some decent choices:

Head: Nightscape headband, Adventurer's Pith Helmet

Neck: WSG reward

Shoulder: The leather drop off of Glutton in RFD.

Chest: Nightscape Tunic, Warden Wrap(I think it's wrap), Wolffear harness

wrist: Some green of the monkeys will do

Hands: Shadowskin gloves, gloves of holy might

belt: AB reward

Legs: Basilisk Hide Pants

Feet: AB reward

Ring: Aquamarine Signet of the Monkey, Assault Band, Underworld Band

Trinket, Insignia, AB reward, WSG reward

Weap 1 (Combat Daggers): WSG reward

Weap 2 (Combat Daggers): Coldrage dagger

Weap 1 (Combat Swords): Vanquisher's Sword

Weap 2 (Combat Swords): Sword of Omen, Speedsteel Rapier

Weap 1 (Subtlety): WSG dagger reward

Weap 2 (Subtlety): Sword of Omen, Speedsteal Rapier, Coldrage Dagger

Ranged: WSG reward|||Thanks alot nosoup! That's an excellent pile of information you've got. Very grateful, although i have some questions about it.

Decent choices? Does that mean this ain't the best oor? Ofc, i want the best! But if that's not possible i'll settle with less.

What rogue would want underworld band? Can't understand that, +10sta and shadowdmg? It's a shadowpriest item is it not?

Thing is, i do already got some of the items you listed so it felt almost too easy to obtain! (Except the AB/WSG ones, it'll take ages...)..

So are you sure those are the best choices? :) i tried to do some searching myself but i'd love to get it confirmed.

I'm all lost in the weapons though, i don't even know what specc to do but i think i wanna try subtlety. If i go subtlety, i need an mainhand which is a dagger but it doesn't matter what i have in offhand or?

Which one should be faster? I know the offhand should be faster with a swordspecc but dono about daggers. And sorry for not telling but I'm alliance so i can't get that sword of omen but i can get sword of serenity / Black menace dagger.

Thanks alot for the information, keep it coming! Still need help when it comes to weapons, enchants, specc and playstyle!|||nearly all of those are the best hcoices. I didn't mean to put underworld band. There's a level 31 req. ring, whose name escapes me. It's something like that, though. It doesn't really matter. The two previous choices are better. Anyway...your spec has much to do with what weapons your'e goint o use. If you go subtlety, you want a slow main hand dagger. The best option at this level is the WSG dagger, I'm pretty sure. While there are slower ones, ones which have a higher max end, they sacrifice too much overall DPS. Your offhand may be either a sword or a dagger. The best overall weapons at these levels are swords, and not daggers.

Because you're going subtlety (and won't ahve the 5% increase to hit or 50% increase to offhand damage), the DPS that your OH offers is much less important than if you were combat spec'ed. Because of this, and because you can't get sword of omen, I would suggest the speedsteel rapier.

The only gear I would double check is the bracer. I believe there's some instance bracer drop that has a random "of the" enchant on it. It would take forever and a day to get the ones you want, though. It's your choice.|||There is a 39 instance quest trinket, Mark of the Chosen, that is worth getting if you have enough xp to spare at 39. Great on Druids and Pallies, but also pretty good on Warriors and Rogues. The quest does not become available until 39, and it is a 48 level quest, so you will need someone to run you thru to get it, but it's worth considering.

Also, another trinket that's not bad for rogues is the Figurine - Black Pearl Panther, which used to be really easy to get (buying from a vendor), but now, it requires jewelcrafting (since it's bop, but since it doesn't require jewelcrafting to wear, you could drop jc after you made it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment