Thursday, April 19, 2012

Any PvP advice for a Shadow Priest?

If they are fighting someone else it's fine, I can do some decent damage, but as soon as they turn their attention to me 100% of the time I die. Rogues, warriors etc simply need to move around a little and the 0.02% of the time I actually get a spell off nothing happens as they are not in front of me. The other 99.98% of the time they interrupt anything I do. Fear is a joke, either they are immune of break it in some way.

Is there anything I can do?|||dot em up , try to fear , get OUT of SF and heal yourself .... outlive is the key|||Not a prayer of getting a heal off. Can't cast anything tbh.|||when i played my priest...

fear is my friend. if you are up against one mob/horde, just use rank 1 fear. other ranks increases the number of those affected. dont waste your mana on unnecessary fears. i have a macro for fear "/cast [mod:alt] Psychic Scream(Rank1); Psychic Scream" press alt+psychic scream v.s 1 player. otherwise, use the normal for multiple as an Oh Sh** button.

shield is my other friend. sheild+heal+renew = no interrupts unless they can dish out enough damage to eat up your shield. renew is instant cast, so i do that even before i take damamge. turn to shadow (most times i simply forget about the extra 15% or whatever damage it is and just play in normal form if i ever have to heal myself.

blackout rocks too. its one of the nicest pvp tools in the game for those battles that usually lasts longer than 10 seconds. haha. your method of killing should be almost the same as when you PvE, except you really dont need to waste your time with vampiric embrace or touch. if its a long battle then probably, but otherwise, i find that those spells do not help when the fight does not last that long.

finally... silence. that spell rocks not just with casters, but with pallys/shamans/druids who's about to heal themselves. however if the pally bubbles then its a problem but the shaman's last ditch effort to heal himself would be stopped short from your silence, you'll see a casting animation with balls of blue/green light thats when you know its a heal. same for druids. super easy to tell when they go back to elf/tauren form, you know they're doing that to heal themselves.|||Even thou there are several fear breaks in the game, its still a useful tool. I use it on my warlock to give me a couple of seconds to get my dot's applied.

Fear also helps by moving the target away from you. Now your a shadow priest correct? Get them off you and apply SW:Pain and Mind flay them down, re fear and do a quick mind blast.

Or get them off you and apply shield, dot, mind blast while you still have shield, and then mind flay.

Last i checked vamp embrace heals you? So, fear, dot...dot...shield...mind blast.. MF MF MF, re fear... MF MF MF....|||vamp embrace gives you back (and party if you're in a party) 15% of your shadow damage in health.

vamp touch gives you back erm... something in mana, also causes damage i believe.



its been a while on the priest. haha.|||25% back from it with improved. Only costs 14 mana to cast so I use it a lot.

Must say I'm finding it much easier now I'm 48 and have some better gear. Have points in improved Mind Blast crit which has been a big help, but I'm loath to ditch Spirit Tap for Blackout - it's saved my skin a lot, specially taking on 2 warlocks last night (thank you fear ward :) ).

Don't have any money so can't really twink, but I'll see what I can do as going to stay 49 for a few weeks I think :)

-Edit-

Also, would you say this is the best 49 build? Ignore survivability here, let's say I want to do as much damage as possible as quickly as possible:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...10251102051500|||bring along some mana pots for the spirit tap deficency.

spirit tap is more pve, so its up to you. i'd just bring more mana potions. but hey... that does get expensive after a while if you're not a herbalist/alchemist.|||If playing a ranger in EQ2 taught me anything it was pots and potions - alchy all the way!

Any advice on the build though?

No comments:

Post a Comment