Thursday, April 19, 2012

What can I buy for my honor?

I haven't played for a year or so and heard that you can buy Arena sets with Honor, when a season ends.

I have a 62 Mage and thought about PvPing a little and have the following Qs:

1) I don't want to PvP hours daily, but maybe 5 hours a week or so. I don't have time for an Arena team, how do I earn honor the fastest? WSG or?

2) Where do I see the items I can buy? Season 1 -> gear. And the price in honor.

Thanks :)|||Quote:








I haven't played for a year or so and heard that you can buy Arena sets with Honor, when a season ends.

I have a 62 Mage and thought about PvPing a little and have the following Qs:

1) I don't want to PvP hours daily, but maybe 5 hours a week or so. I don't have time for an Arena team, how do I earn honor the fastest? WSG or?

2) Where do I see the items I can buy? Season 1 -> gear. And the price in honor.

Thanks :)




#1 av is generaly the place a lot farm most of the honor.

#2 hall of legends in the valley of strength org.|||Quote:








#1 av is generaly the place a lot farm most of the honor.

#2 hall of legends in the valley of strength org.




I heard in AV you get a very small amount of honor, since it is spread out on 40 people instead, as in WSG, it is spread out on a lot fewer.

But is this only in the old days?

Can I view the items online somehow? Like Faction rewards you can see on wow-europe.com. Can't find these though.|||Like to know how I tell which is season 1 and which is 2 while in the Hall of Legends while we're asking :)|||Quote:








I heard in AV you get a very small amount of honor, since it is spread out on 40 people instead, as in WSG, it is spread out on a lot fewer.

But is this only in the old days?

Can I view the items online somehow? Like Faction rewards you can see on wow-europe.com. Can't find these though.




Av has changed with recent patches. So now you start with 600 reinforcements. These can be taken down by killing other chars, or by capturing towers and killing bal, etc. My suggestion, since I don't know what battlegroup you are in is to play both and see which one you get more honor at.

I forgot to mention, but you should try to do the daily pvp quest of the day for the bg which gives about 400 or so honor every day. And there's 2 more pvp dailys. One is to capture a tower in terrowak forrest, and one is to kill 10 allys near halaa.

As far as telling the difference between season 1 and season 2: season 1 can be bought for honor in org. Season 2 can be bought near the nagrand arena, area 52, and I believe in gatgetzan.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Season_4

What I am wondering is whether we should spend honor in buying season 1 equipment now. Or if we're better off just saving it, waiting for season 2 to come out and then purchase that. Since, if you dont do bgs that much it would take a while to redo all the honor you had spent for season 1.|||Currently you can only buy season 1 gear with honor. That is the Stuff that says Gladiator's. Season 2 is merciless gladiator's, season 3 (the current arena season) is Vengeful Gladiator's and season 4 is going to be Brutal Gladiators.

If you are going to be spending BG honor on the season 1 set know that you also have to pay battleground marks. So, something would cost 9000 honor and 20 eye of the storm marks (just a random example). The general rule of thumb is grind the BG for the marks you need to purchase the item then do AV until you have the honor you need.

@meds

if you are in Hall of Legends you currently only see season 1 and lower

@eXeeel

armory has all the gladiators stuff aswell. I'm not sure exactly how honor is spread but I think it's only for the HKs. Where you get the honor in AV is mostly from team tower captures and boss killing (and of course winning).

@zXz

You can buy season 2 from one of the vendors on IQD for badges or tier tokens or something like that. As to whether or not to spend on something now when something else is coming out is kind of like deciding when to upgrade your PC. Buy what you can afford now that will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Also know that waiting for season 4 is a "dangerous" game since nobody knows when it is coming out.|||Thanks :) So atm both seasons 2 and 3 is bought with arena points? And no ETA about when season 4 is out, so season 2 can be bought?|||No. Season 3 is only available with arena points which are different than honor points. Season 2 can be bought with arena points and Tier Tokens from somebody in the Sunwell Island (don't know who since I've never seen a tier token lol). Season 1 can be bought with the honor points.

When season 4 starts then IIRC season 2 will be available for honor, season 3 will have it's costs lowered (still only purchasable with arena points) and seas will only be purchasable with arena points AND have some hefty personal rating requirements.|||Quote:








waiting for season 4 is a "dangerous" game since nobody knows when it is coming out.




I have to disagree. if you're near the point where you can afford to buy season1 gear, then now is as good a time as any to do several things:

-go take care of some PvE stuff (grind rep, level professions, work on your PvE gear, etc)

-take a complete break and play an alt

-continue to hoard honor points and tokens so you have even MORE

-take care of all those RL jobs you've been neglecting you WoWaddict!

all of the above IMHO are better than blowing the points on S1 when you know darn well that once S2 gear goes on sale you'll be the first one to say to yourself "Aw &%$ I wish I hadda waited dammit!!" because you knew all along it was coming and that little voice in your head that you ignored kept telling you to be patient.

Unless you're disgustingly rich, in which case ignore all the above|||Quote:








......

all of the above IMHO are better than blowing the points on S1 when you know darn well that once S2 gear goes on sale you'll be the first one to say to yourself "Aw &%$ I wish I hadda waited dammit!!" because you knew all along it was coming and that little voice in your head that you ignored kept telling you to be patient.




So, what if you are sitting on those points for another 6 months? That is an entirely reasonable time frame for s4 especially if they are going to coincide it with WoTLK. Also realize that you need to get your resilience snowball rolling at some point. The reputation blues are nice, but you should get purples as soon as you are comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment