Saturday, April 21, 2012

Longest WSG/BG?

So i finally did some PvP after many pleads from my guild.

Probably did between 10-20 of each of the BGs. Todays daily was for WSG, and i decided to give it a go. First 4 times we lost, longest time was 15 minutes. I thought I'd give it one last try before bed....one hour later it ended. Seriously made me despise the place and i dont think ill ever go there again. It was just so frustrating. Atleast we won, but it felt like a loss lol...no one even celebrated in the end.

So whats the longest time youve ever spent in WSG?

I think what made it more annoying was that it took about 35 mins for anyone to win the first flag...and because id put so much time in already, already lost 4 WSGs, it would be too much to leave at that point...Either way youre an idiot lol. Awful stalemate.

On the plus side, I find AV pretty enjoyable. EotS is cool too.

AB sucks hard lol|||I've had a 90 min WSG, premade vs premade. The other team were a turtle setup, and the whole thing became a stalemate. In the end, we formed a conga line with linked follows, and paraded around the midfield and into their base- this seemed to disconcert them so much that they lost their composure and we were able to reclaim our flag for the final cap, winning the match. Very dull for most of it, the end was variously hilarious then exciting.|||WSG needs a timer. After say 15 minutes the game ends, if there's a tie then they should tally up the HK's to decide the winning team.

Nothing makes me hate wow more than farming WSG marks with pugs.|||I've had one AB that lasted almost 2 hours. I felt like I was at the grocery store, had picked the wrong line, but refused to move because I had already stood there for 5 minutes.

Long BGs are, well, annoying but worth it. To come away from it with a win, well, that's what it's about.

My rule for BGs is that I expect to be in there for at least 45 minutes when i start one. There's too many external factors that you can't expect to be in and be out at any given time. (Although, being alliance, I can tell you that my average WSG is about 10 minutes...WITH US LOSING ... *ahem*)

Don't let time deter you from BGs. I have to say that they're one of my favourite parts of the game, and I think everyone should make an effort to experience them at the top of every level bracket.

Good luck next time :)|||I was in an AV once that went on for over 2 hours before I went AWOL.

I was in a Turtlesong Gulch once that went on for an hour before I quit. Neither side was even trying to cap and were just having a free for all at the graveyards.

AB and EOTS usually got pretty quick.

If your BG is obviously not going anywhere soon, it's usually more efficient to just quit, wait the few min and rejoin.

I feel for you Tikki with a 2 hour AB. The effort:honor ratio is really bad in those situations.|||Quote:








WSG needs a timer. After say 15 minutes the game ends, if there's a tie then they should tally up the HK's to decide the winning team.

Nothing makes me hate wow more than farming WSG marks with pugs.




WSG is getting changes, from patch notes:

o Warsong Gulch

+ When both flags are held, the flag carriers will receive 50% increased damage done to them after approximately 10 minutes and 100% increased damage after approximately 15 minutes.

+ Flag carriers can now be tracked 45 seconds after picking up the flag.

100% increased damage will make it pretty easy to burst down even a 400 resilience FC of a turtle team, so it will get interestingly sudden death.

Oh, and if PUGs make you sad, don't PUG :) Invest the time in building and training up a circle of people who can at least make a passable premade. Win or lose, at least the games will feel less futile.




Quote:








I was in an AV once that went on for over 2 hours before I went AWOL.




So you're a relatively new player, then? Before the cross-real BGs system, AV could last a day or more. You could get a night's sleep, and log in the next day to discover the same battle still raging. The vendors at each end really were rather vital back then :)|||I've had a two hour WSG before easy.

__________


Quote:








WSG needs a timer. After say 15 minutes the game ends




I see your type of comment often from all kinds of people.

Does anyone remember the fun part of BG's anymore? Everyone's so interested in getting in and getting out, if you're loosing just giving up and letting them win . . . where's the fun gone?

IMO - people get too caught up in the whole system and go at it like it's a job, and soon forget it's a game. They really should be enjoying it or what's the point of even playing?|||Quote:








So you're a relatively new player, then? Before the cross-real BGs system, AV could last a day or more. You could get a night's sleep, and log in the next day to discover the same battle still raging. The vendors at each end really were rather vital back then :)




Not a new player, I've been at it two years now, but I really didn't start doing AV until I hit 70 with my first toon just a few weeks ago. (Casual player with lots of alts, what can I say) I heard about those long AV battles and am glad I missed them.

Knowing what I know now I would have been doing them all along and saving my honor/marks. My next toon will have full S1 (or as much of whatever set is avail with BG tokens/honnor) the day it hits 70. BG's at 70 with greens is just, to put it mildly, painfull.|||Quote:








I've had a two hour WSG before easy.

__________



I see your type of comment often from all kinds of people.

Does anyone remember the fun part of BG's anymore? Everyone's so interested in getting in and getting out, if you're loosing just giving up and letting them win . . . where's the fun gone?

IMO - people get too caught up in the whole system and go at it like it's a job, and soon forget it's a game. They really should be enjoying it or what's the point of even playing?




Yes, but spending 45 min just trying to find the flag carrier blows.

That being said, the first changes ( 10-15 min damage timer) makes sense. I'm not sold on the 45s flag carrier showing on the map however. It should be also 10-15 min i think. Long enough to keep it challanging, short enough to keep it from being frustrating.|||I remember old school AV's that ran for 2 whole days :p

Still my longest WSG is something like 2hours with flag carriers hiding themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment