Saturday, April 21, 2012

so I started a 3v3 team yesterday...

Me and two other new 70 friends started a 3s arena team yesterday. I'm a resto shaman in a few seer's gear pieces (crap PvP gear bought from rep), one friends a fire mage and the other is a beastmaster hunter. i have about 130 resilience btw.

anyway, we got absolutely worked 6 games in a row not killing one person once the entire time. it seems like the hunter and mage can't even survive long enough for me to heal or for one of them to attack once. I can survive for a decent amount of time but its been frustrating.

Our rank went from 1500 to like 1400. Someone told me that arena stinks when starting until you lose enough to get to people that are geared similarly to you.

any stories or comments?|||Quote:








.....

Someone told me that arena stinks when starting until you lose enough to get to people that are geared similarly to you....




Quoted for truth. Get your 10 matches in for the points and play them for experience, knowing full well you will get tooled. You are a bunch of Little Leaguers playing against college teams, eventually you will start playing little leaguers more often (hopefully you won't play the Yankees though). :)|||Yeah that's what I thought. Probably going to play some tonight and see how we do. I just want to have a little fun without having my whole team wipe in the first 15 seconds.|||and when yor rank drops you will meet similar ranked teams (similar gear/skill level) ...and you will start to win some ... a fersh team starts at 1500 rank , after calculation and point handout (tuesdays) you end up in say 1390 rank and meet teams similar to that rank ..... and you rank goes up again , ant you will meet harder teams again|||thats what happened with me on ma priest with about 190 resilence and my m8 on his rogue with about 130 resilence, we started out losing every game until we got down to about 1378 ish rating, now we are winning more than were losing and its alot more fun, however we still trying to gear up as quick as we can so we can play higher rated teams|||The fire mage on the team is no longer.....theSDkid forced me to go frost. I am (was) the fire mage on his team. I must say since the switch we have won some matches. Does anyone have PvP-Arena advice for a frost mage?|||I play frost mage (nowdays anyway) and do my share of arenas ... the biggest tip i can give you is use ALL your tricks

Dunno about your specc but if you have cookie build with imp counterspell (im full frost btw) , use the CS wisley (good to cast on a priest if he is going to be sheeped , but FASTER than him) ... you have 2x elementals , 2x block ... remember to spellsteal ... have both rank 1 fire and frost binded (rank 1 fireball do create a dot on stealthers) ... pop your IV on the first "nuke target" (you got 2 IV remember ) ...

Practise and remember you bag of tricks (i use to forget i got IV)|||I'm finding the 0/17/44 spec nice for frost in arena.

This build seems to work well as you get the main frost spells and some nice extra talents from the fire tree like Impact, Incinerate and Ignite. These work well as its hard sometimes to get a decent Frostbolt cast in.

No comments:

Post a Comment