Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ret Pally now viable in Arena?!?

I�ve been gone seven months...

Back when i played wow, ret pally in arena was laughable, practically asking to be made fun of.

Now I�ve returned and a friend says that if my seal procs i can 1 shot or even 2 shot enemies?!?

Is this guy pulling my leg or what?|||I've 2 shotted guys in AV.

There is no way in Arena that any class can 1shot or 2shot or even 3shot anyone except for scrubs.

That being said, Ret is doing VERY well in 3v3's. They are decent but nothing amazing in the other brackets as far as I know. They are no longer a joke at least, once geared.

I tend to do very well in BG's, gear for gear. Just started arena and not in an ideal group, so not much to say there.|||Ret is doing well in 3v3, and even there I expect it to get crippled once people start playing old style lineups.|||Why do you think that? Just wondering, won't ever experience any glory there myself.|||Hmmm anyone got a link to a spec for ret pally for pvp arena please?|||Quote:








Why do you think that? Just wondering, won't ever experience any glory there myself.




Ret pally teams have come to prominence because of two things.

1. Druid solo healer teams with no non-druid cc for melee.

2. Double Melee comps being common.

Basically the only 3v3 team with Ret Paladins is Ret/Warr/Healer - Healer is usually druid or shaman.

Thing is, that comp will beat most if not all the melee/melee/healer and druid/x/y teams out there, but the thing is that comps like Druid/Mage/Warrior and Rogue/Mage/Priest can really crap all over the 2 melee (well, except the double rogue varieties) teams.|||You also forget the massive damage possible with Arms Warrior/Ret Paladin/Resto Shaman.

Dropping windfury allows that combo do deal very serious hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment