Thursday, April 19, 2012

Time to drop the Priest?

I have a level 70 priest, in T4 gear, 9000 HP, 13000 mana, 1500 + healing, 66 resilience atm. After a long layoff I got back into battlegrounds (having finished at level 11 under the old system). What a shock. Horde gets dismembered in every BG on my server, I last about 15 seconds under the typical rogue/druid/warrior bash. I'm double-teamed and usually don't last long enough to do any reasonable healing. Also, no one watches out for priests, and even the NPC's take me out very quickly. Are priests now pointless in BG's? Lord knows I've done enough of them, but the rules and gear and abilities seem to have left priests in the dust. Asssuming I want to bash back a little, and live for a while, what other class do you all recommend? I just want to kick a little Alliance ass...not that there's anything wrong with the Alliance...:)|||Drop the healing, respec to shadow - that should teach em the priestly pew pew!|||If you have 30+ points in the Holy tree, you have the Angel of Death thing, right? I know priests get ripped to shreds though. Don't you guys have shields? I know that helps for a while... erm... well, sorry, druids are more my thing. But not Resto druids. Priests are the best healers IMO.|||It doesn't matter what class you are with only 66 resil. You will get ripped to shreds no matter what.|||Quote:








Drop the healing, respec to shadow - that should teach em the priestly pew pew!




Nah.. Disc. Shadow is comparatively sucky - the pvp gear drops your spell damage something fierce so the pew pew isn't as... um pewy? :P

In the blue rep PvP gear you get close to 150 resilience, so the first thing I'd do is go buy the various pieces from the rep vendors (the quartermasters) for each faction - LC, KoT, Cenarion E, Thrallmar, etc. Think about speccing some Disc/Holy hybrid, but in that case you're mostly doing dispells, shielding and healing.

Priests are nothing like they used to be preTBC from what I hear.|||Quote:








It doesn't matter what class you are with only 66 resil. You will get ripped to shreds no matter what.




Indeed.

Once you get closer to 400 resil, then you start noticing a difference.|||Quote:








It doesn't matter what class you are with only 66 resil. You will get ripped to shreds no matter what.




This.

10charlimit|||[QUOTE=Pongle;4130318]

Ok...didn't realize resilience was so important now. Off to the grind. Thanx all.

No comments:

Post a Comment