Saturday, April 21, 2012

Arena 2v2 with 2 Ret?

My nephew, who I 2v2 with, is gearing up his protadin, switching him to Ret. He wants to duo with me on it.

How does 2 Ret do? I mean we have burst and DS, 4 stuns. Plus double buffs and overlapping auras.

Will we be able to do decent? Just wondering.|||It may do alright, I don't think you'll be reaching much past 1800 if at all in my opinion unless the two of you are exceptional players. The team lacks crowd control, mana drain and healing debuffs.

I believe you'll have the most difficulty with Drainers and CC teams. Mage/Rogue, Priest/Rogue, Priest/Hunter, Druid/Hunter, Druid/Warlock, Druid/Rogue. Druid/Warrior is rough even without any form of a Drain or much CC.

Some double DPS teams will be difficult too, Spriest/Lock and Spriest/Rogue

Against CC teams, Blessing of Sacricing each other will be key. With the change to the gear though I'm curious to see how high one would get.|||No, not expecting to do amazing or anything either. Thanks, I'm just looking forward to some fun with my nephew, and I have personally never seen a double ret team. Thanks|||I love seeing all pally teams on my lock. I 2v2 with a druid and 3v3 with a hunter and pally, and we tend to eat them alive.

The problem you're going to have (as dark said) is mana. Ret Pally's have very small mana pools by comparison and are easy to dry out. Pally with 0 mana = dead.|||Actually I haven't had much trouble with Locks, at least so far. But that doesn't mean I am playing good ones...Druid healers I hate however. Also stunlocking rogues are annoying. But we are just in it for the fun and the points, not planning to get decked out in S3 gear in 2 months or anything. Just a few extra pieces.|||Quote:








Actually I haven't had much trouble with Locks, at least so far. But that doesn't mean I am playing good ones...Druid healers I hate however. Also stunlocking rogues are annoying. But we are just in it for the fun and the points, not planning to get decked out in S3 gear in 2 months or anything. Just a few extra pieces.




Yeah, if you're not playing for the rating play whatever will be the most fun for you. You're the one playing the game so do what will keep you interested.|||If I was overly concerned with Rating, I'd be in one group only.

Ret Pally/Arms Warrior/Resto Shaman|||Just wanted to give an update. My nephew has switched out from his Kara equipped Enhance Shaman to his barely equipped Retadin (1250 base AP).

We went from winning 30% of our fights to winning 70%. Not gonna be uber by any means but Ret/Ret is far superior to Ret/Enhance Shaman.

No comments:

Post a Comment