Saturday, April 14, 2012

A question on rated BGs in Cataclsm (and hello!)

[:1]One thing first: Hello! I signed up because I want to discuss WoW, but for various reasons I do not post on the official forums anymore. So here I am.

Anyways. I have a question concerning the announced rated BGs in Cataclysm. If I may draw your attention briefly to the following:


Quote:




When you win Battlegrounds, you will gain rating and arena points. However, if you lose a battleground, you will not suffer any rating loss.




http://www.wowwiki.com/Rated_battlegrounds

I don't understand.

Why not make it like the Arena ladder, where losing games makes you lose rating? Why do it like this in BGs but not Arena?

I'm just trying to understand why they planned it as such, and not how Arena currently is. I'm thinking, maybe to turn PvP into a more friendly environment to newer players. Anyone know?

I am gut-splittingly excited for Cataclysm, mostly I am excited for getting into the revived PvP guilds and doing rated BGs.|||Quote:








Why not make it like the Arena ladder, where losing games makes you lose rating? Why do it like this in BGs but not Arena?




Because rated BGs do not require you join a team for the entire season, and Blizzard does not want rated BGs to be "premades only". You will still be more successful if you play with a premade group of competent PVPers, but you won't be permanently punished for participating in a PUG that happens to suck and therefore loses a game.|||Quote:








Because rated BGs do not require you join a team for the entire season, and Blizzard does not want rated BGs to be "premades only". You will still be more successful if you play with a premade group of competent PVPers, but you won't be permanently punished for participating in a PUG that happens to suck and therefore loses a game.




Oh! That makes complete sense now.

Thank you for the response, I see Blizzard has got the rated BGs well thought out! I'm even more excited now! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment